Thursday, September 20, 2007

WH Smith's book event







My thanks to the seventy guests who had come to my book event last Tuesday. I deeply appreciate your presence and support. For those of you who couldn't wait for signature, I will be happy to come back to WH Smith next Tuesday. I can also arrange to see you at your clubs or associations to sign the book.

Laura
: Your help with the promotion is tremendous and I will remain grateful to you. You have given Late Blossom a great start. I have received several nice emails from the guests since yesterday. All said they had had an enjoyable evening, and they will recommend the book to relatives and friends.

Hannah: I thank you in return for your hard work getting people to come to the evening. There was a great turnout because of it. I'm glad you heard back from some guests, and that they had a good time. I too was happy about the evening, as were my colleagues who were very moved by your speech and comments from Soonu and Badia.

Have you done the interview with Radio France Inter? One guest on Tuesday wanted to get in touch with you to talk to you in depth about Viet Nam today. If you'd like to contact her, here is her email address: ...........

I wish you all the best in the future and we'll be in touch with Nathalie for reorders, since I'm sure the book will sell well.

One last thing, I completely forgot to ask you to sign a book for my great Aunt Marian who's going to Viet Nam in March. I told her about your book, and she really wants to read it before she goes on holiday. It's her birthday next week, so I'd like to send her a signed copy, but I don't know how to proceed since I forgot to ask you Tuesday night.

Laura: I plan to be in Paris next Tuesday, so I will stop by to see you. About Radio France Inter, they will telephone me for the interview.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must tell you that I've been reading your book in every spare moment I can find. It's absolutely compelling reading, and very humbling for an American. I grew up with the "Vietnam War" on television and later poisoning the lives of my generation as we came of age. But all I really know is through the prism of being an American of a certain era -- I confess that I know far too little about the history of Viet Nam, even of the French colonial period. It's a revelation to read your story, and I admire the way you interweave historical events with your family experiences. I hope we'll have a chance to talk at length.

Anonymous said...

Your book - WOW! I was deeply touched by your story. It has been a most amazing life journey for you and you share it with the reader in a most intimate and poetic way. It has always amazed me to find that the human spirit can survive the most horrific of horrors. Clearly it leaves deep and lasting foot prints and one would think a broken shattered life. In your book there is hope that even in the worst of times life will bloom again. Thank you for writing this illuminating book and having the courage to share so many experiences. I wonder if it was a healing experience for you. I loved reading your book and look forward to your next one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

I have started your book this weekend and it's compulsive reading. What a brave lady you are and what a very wide world your life has even so far encompassed -- and what a good writer too.

Best wishes,

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

Your book arrived today. Everything has now stopped as my head has been in the pages since I came home.

It is so interesting that I don't want to put it down, so no tea for Tom tonight (hahahaha!)

I will be passing it to Joy when I have read it. I know she will enjoy the book. She needs something to take her mind off worrying about Alan who is very ill at the moment.

Lots of love,