Sunday, April 15, 2007

Just Published

As of April 2, 2007, Late Blossom was released. The book is available through Amazon.com. This is a memoir of growing up in Viet Nam during the French war and the American war.

I always felt that the extent of war destruction in my country had never been fully revealed to outsiders from the Vietnamese point of view. To share with the Western world their suffering and struggle to free themselves from foreign domination was my reason for writing this memoir.

All royalties I myself receive from this book will be donated to my home village in the Mekong Delta. Thirty-two years after the war, it has not recovered. The village has no hospital or medical clinic. There is one elementary school and nothing else for the children. The people are still badly affected by the damages from intensive bombing, chemical defoliants, and Agent Orange.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Tremendous book

This book is an incredible read; I could not let it rest until I was finished. It is very gripping and has much historical content which makes it a learning process for all at the same time. Reading from the perspective of those who lived through the French and American wars and understanding their willpower and determination to overcome and survive gives a clearer and more personal picture of these events that stays with you.
Having been educated mostly in the US school systems; my understanding of the American war (Vietnam War term used in the US) was quite limited. Thank you Laura for sharing this information from your home village, family and yourself. It is an unforgettable read with much to learn from

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Laura,

I've sent my review to Amazon