Thursday, April 19, 2007

To Late Blossom's readers

Many thanks to Crossroads' members who had come to my book presentation at Maison des Associations on 3 April. I am especially grateful to all of you who had purchased the book at the meeting. And I am so thrilled that members of the Candle Light Book Club had chosen Late Blossom for April reading. While reading, you have probably noticed at least a few mistakes in the text. There was also a discrepancy on the Vietnamese death toll during the American war (it was three millions, not half a million as stated in the Q&A). With my apology. These will be corrected in the second printing in May.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura, your book is fantastic, and I predict it will do well, and that you will get tremendous solace, eventually, for having written it, and for being able to help the people of the Mekong Delta, as a result of your own life experiences. It is a tremendous thing you are doing, and no one can ever deny it, or take that from you. I am just caught, torn, with the emotion of you, and how it makes me feel both for you and your family, and for my own family--and in some ways for the universal family, for regardless of how the lives play out, every person has a story. You are weaving it beautifully, in its horrific parts and its beautiful responses, my dear, and I can hardly wait to return this afternoon. I can hardly wait, but it's so emotional, and then, too, would you believe -- I don't want it to end! I just want to keep reading, and soaking up your life, and the ramifications of it, in ways I cannot even wholly describe, right now. You have put into words, some of the things I could not look at in my own family, until now. This book, for Edward, will be a family treasure throughout his life, and I hope you keep a copy, in pristine condition, for him, alone, always, and write in it, for him, from his beloved mother--not in a cutsy way, but from the deepest wells of your heart.